Mobile VPN works fairly simply — in fact, the same way as it works on other devices.
- You choose a server on the VPN app and click connect.
- The VPN app opens an encrypted connection to the VPN server — a VPN tunnel.
- The VPN app encrypts any outgoing data.
- The VPN server decrypts this data so it’s readable to the recipient.
- Once the response comes, the VPN server encrypts it for the VPN app to decrypt.
- Et voila!
Encryption is the scientific method of turning data into a scrambled mess only someone with the right encryption key can read. In the case of a VPN, that’s the fast and sleek VPN app on your device and the chosen VPN server.