Wondering if Surfshark is the best VPN for you? Give us a trial run! Pick one of our plans and secure your Fire devices with a premium Surfshark VPN connection. If you change your mind during the first month, just ask for a refund and get your money back.
Get a VPN for Fire Stick and Fire TV
Try a risk-free VPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with 2nd-gen and newer Fire TV Sticks
- Stream content lag-free and without interruptions
- Privacy across all popular streaming services
- Try risk-free for 30 days
Try our VPN service risk-free for 30 days
How to install a VPN on Fire Stick and Fire TV in three easy steps
Step 1: Subscribe to a VPN!
Get a Surfshark account if you’re new, or simply log in.
Step 2: Find the app on Fire Stick!
Search for Surfshark on your Fire TV or device.
Step 3: Install the app!
Install your new VPN app, log in, and connect!
Want more detailed instructions? Take a look at our easy step-by-step guide on how to install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Fire TV Stick VPN for multiple Fire Stick generations
Surfshark VPN supports the following Fire TV Stick and Fire TV gens:
- 2nd-gen Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- 3rd-gen Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- 4K Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Cube
- Basically, anything that’s not 1st-gen
Why do you need a VPN for Fire Stick?
You should get a Fire Stick VPN for one, some, or all of the following reasons:
- Ensuring streaming privacy: neither your ISP (Internet Service Provider) nor anybody else needs to know that you’re streaming;
- Beating bandwidth throttling: if your ISP doesn’t know you’re streaming, they can’t throttle your bandwidth!
- Overcoming local firewalls: are you trying to use your Fire TV device at school/hotel/work, and it’s blocked on the local Wi-Fi? Use a VPN to get past that.
Why Surfshark is the best VPN for Fire Stick
Wide server coverage
Surfshark offers 3200+ servers in 100 countries. More servers mean better streaming speed and the ability to browse the internet as a local.
Why stop at Fire Stick TV when you can enjoy VPN benefits on all your devices? Surfshark supports all major operating systems; you get unlimited simultaneous connections with a single account.
Data tracking prevention
Your IP (Internet Protocol) can reveal your location and browsing history. Prevent data tracking by connecting to a VPN with a new IP not connected to your identity.
Disclaimer: We prohibit using Surfshark services for any unlawful purposes as it is against our Terms of Service. Please be sure to act in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Surfshark VPN vs. free VPNs
“Free” VPN apps are too good to be true. They possibly profit from you by selling your data or bombarding you with ads. Surfshark does none of those things and delivers:
Many free VPNs possibly make money by selling your data. Surfshark follows a strict no-logs policy and never collects any of your information.
Free VPNs rely on restricting your browsing time by capping your data. With Surfshark, you can browse the internet freely. No data caps or limits.
Free VPNs have a few servers to choose from. Surfshark offers 3200+ servers in 100 countries with lower loads and faster speeds.
One way free VPNs make a buck is via many targeted ads. Surfshark includes no ads and even offers an ad blocking feature of its own.
Free VPNs may compromise your security by possibly selling your data. To go with the no-logs policy, Surfshark offers military-grade encryption to protect you from snoopers.
Free VPNs provide a bare-bones connection to the VPN server. Surfshark has many features protecting you from ads, malware, data leaks, and other internet threats.
3200+ servers, 100 countries, 6 continentsAll servers
What is a VPN for Fire Stick?
It’s a virtual private network (VPN) app you can install on a Fire Stick or other Fire TV devices.
How to choose the best VPN for Fire Stick?
To choose the best VPN for Fire Stick, you should:
- Check whether it’s available on your device;
- Consider the server amount to increase the odds that one is nearby;
- Make sure it’s a trustworthy premium VPN;
- Look into whether it has a money-back guarantee.
Surfshark has it all!
Should I get a VPN for Fire Stick?
Yes, it’s a great tool for maintaining privacy and securing your connection.
Are there free VPNs for Fire Stick?
There might be, but free VPNs are worse than premium VPNs in every way.
Is Surfshark free?
Surfshark is a premium VPN, but:
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee;
- Free trial versions exist for Android, iOS, and macOS.
Will Surfshark affect streaming speed?
All VPNs affect streaming speed. However, since Surfshark is likely to have a server close to your location, has high-bandwidth ports on every server, and uses the fastest protocols, the impact should be barely noticeable.
How do I get a VPN onto my Fire Stick?
You install a VPN on Fire Stick just like any other app on the platform. Check our guide!
Dive into safe entertainment
Try Surfshark for 30 days risk-free