- a lightweight solution to virus protection
- Protection from viruses and zero-day threats
- Lightweight, clean, and easy-to-use app
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Complete peace of mind with simple and lightweight security
Advanced malware protection
Apart from manual, scheduled, and real-time scans, our Surfshark Cloud Protect system analyzes unknown files to prevent zero-day attacks.
Easy to use
50 tabs of settings? No thanks. Confusing interface? Not on our watch. We offer simple and effective security. Your safety should never play hard to get. Period.
Is it even on?
Is what you’ll be asking yourself because our antivirus is as light as they get. The app never hogs your CPU or RAM nor slows down your device.
A single app solves more problems than viruses
Detect and removes malware and other advanced threats
Stops malware in real-time before it can harm your device
Easy to set up and configure
Makes your web free from ads, trackers, malware or phishing sites
For extra price
Prevents ad companies and bots from tracking what you do online
For extra price
Hides your IP (Internet Protocol) address and physical location
Notifies if your email, password, ID, or bank information appears in a breach
Allows you to search the web without ads or tracking
Thorough Antivirus protection made convenient
All the security benefits in a simple package.
Safety as you browse
Security from threats is twice as nice when it’s hands-off. Our real-time protection ensures you’re safe from viruses on the go!
Safety from new viruses
New malware comes out daily and Surfshark is ready for that. Our Cloud Protect works day and night to prevent new viruses from harming your device.
Safety at your convenience
Security when you want it, how you want it. If you wish, you can schedule scans to run at specific times, and exclude files or folders from being scanned.Get Surfshark Antivirus
Security on a global scale
There’s no end to online threats. Protect your device from the ever-evolving malware with Surfshark.
Surfshark One: a 360 solution to your personal digital security
Surfshark Antivirus comes in a bundle with three other products to secure you on all digital fronts:
Powerful scanners that protect your devices from viruses and malware.
- Scan files while you download and use them.
- 24/7 antivirus protection.
- Schedule your scans.
A privacy tool that hides what you do online, protects your identity, and prevents tracking.
- Prevent companies and hackers from tracking you online.
- Protect all of your devices.
- Hide your location and secure sensitive data.
A detection tool that alerts you on breaches related to your personal information in real-time.
- Automatically monitor emails, credit cards, and personal IDs.
- Scan for breached databases.
- Get notified if your personal info is leaked.
A search engine that allows you to search the web in complete privacy.
- Ad-free search results.
- No data tracking or storing.
- Country-specific search results.
Get antivirus software and more risk free
No logs policy
What you do online is your business. We keep no track or logs of your online activities when you use Surfshark so you can be absolutely sure your privacy is safe.
Refund within 30 days
We’re confident you’ll enjoy online security and privacy. But if you’re unhappy with the service for whatever reason, you can get your money back within 30 days of your purchase.
Worried your Antivirus might not work? Don’t be - our app is easy to use and we’re always here to help. If you run into any issues, our support team is there for you all day every day!
Frequently asked questions
What is antivirus?
Antivirus is a digital security tool that protects your device from viruses and malware (malicious software).
What are Surfshark Antivirus system requirements?
- Platforms: Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), Android 5, and all of their newer platforms.
- Disk space: minimum 2 GB for Windows and 500 MB for macOS and Android of free disk space (additional space for any temporary and quarantined files will be required).
- Continuous internet connection (for app and database updates, and to prevent false-positives from Surfshark Cloud Protect).
- To install: administrator rights, internet connection, and a web browser.
Do I need antivirus for my smartphone?
Generally, if you’re downloading and installing files manually or using an Android, you should always use an antivirus on your smartphone.
iOS phones are a bit different since their apps are very strictly regulated by Apple.
Can I get Surfshark antivirus as a standalone?
Currently - no. At the moment, Surfshark Antivirus only comes in the Surfshark One bundle together with a VPN, Alert, and Search.
What is the best protection against viruses?
The best protection against viruses is a combination of antivirus and awareness. In other words, not entering infected websites or downloading infected files is the best way to prevent viruses. However, threats still manage to slip by a lot of the time, and that’s where an antivirus comes in.
Is there a 100% free antivirus?
Some antivirus software offers basic protection for free but will harbor a lot of their benefits behind paywalls like real-time and zero-day threat protection.
Is it worth paying for virus protection?
Yes, because you’ll always get better security from paid antivirus services compared to free ones.
Do you still need an antivirus?
Now more than ever. New viruses and malware are released daily, and they’re getting smarter every time.
Luckily, so are we.
That’s why we implement solutions like our Surfshark Cloud Protect to catch those viruses before they even get the chance to harm you.
How do viruses infect my device?
There are many ways viruses can infect your device. Most commonly, malware can infect you through user-based actions such as downloading and installing cracked or pirated files, browsing infected websites, opening email attachments, and so on.
Even if you think you can avoid these things, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Get an antivirus!
What are the main types of computer viruses?
The most common types of viruses are:
- Computer viruses. Designed to disrupt the activities of the device.
- Spyware. Designed to spy on users’ activities.
- Trojan horse. Disguised to look like legitimate software.
- Bot. Designed to perform a specific operation continuously and automatically.
- Bug. A flaw in programming that malicious actors can exploit.
- Rootkit. Used to grant unauthorized access to systems.
- Worm. Duplicates itself to spread to other computers.
- Adware. Automatically delivers annoying advertisements.
- Ransomware. Locks away the system or data unless a ransom is paid.
Does a VPN protect you from viruses?
It depends. In some cases, a VPN can prevent you from getting viruses with features like CleanWeb.
However, once you have the virus inside of your device, a VPN can’t do much. That’s why it’s best to have it running together with an antivirus!
Why choose Surfshark Antivirus?