Surfshark’s fresh macOS app is based on an advanced IKEv2 security protocol which guarantees speed, top-notch protection, and extended battery’s maintenance cycle. On top of that, the app comes with an inbuilt ad blocker and malware protection.
Surfshark’s VPN for Mac is based on an advanced IKEv2 security protocol which guarantees speed, top-notch protection, and extended battery’s maintenance cycle. On top of that, the app comes with an inbuilt ad blocker and malware protection.
MacBook users can put their hands on a lightweight Surfshark privacy protection app which stands out for its intuitive user interface and seamless connectivity.
Besides forward-thinking encryption, the app comes with a free inbuilt CleanWeb feature which secures Macs from malware (like phishing attacks), blocks trackers, and ads.
„Surfshark for macOS is lighter than most VPN apps in the App Store. To achieve this, we polished the user interface and implemented the latest encryption technologies as well as coding techniques”, says Magnus Steinberg, Surfshark’s Chief Technology Officer. “To make privacy protection accessible for everyone, one has to get rid of unnecessary things. With our MacOS app we focus on great user experience while taking care of all the technicalities in the back end.”
Why We’re Proud to Present Our macOS App:
- App Store listing is like a verification badge. Apple is very diligent and demanding about apps listed in the App Store. Thus not many VPN providers have their apps listed there.
- IKEv2 – very fast & easy on device’s battery as compared to OpenVPN.
- Minimalistic design, no unnecessary buttons, one button approach, taking care of everything in the back end, while focusing on the excellent user experience within the app.
- CleanWeb to block all annoying ads and trackers. Prevents from phishing attacks. Also, it works like a steroid for browsers – loads content faster (no need to load ads).
- It’s already in the App Store, but soon will be able to be downloaded as a standalone .dmg file (10.12 Sierra or later).