The Hulu error code BYA-403-011 should be called “the gray screen of death” because it kills your binging plans. Fortunately, it’s easy to fix, so you can stream no problem-o. In this article, you will get a step-by-step guide on how to do that.
Hint: The best way to fix this Hulu proxy error – on Windows, Mac, Android, or any other device – is to get a good VPN.
Hulu proxy error quick fix
- Find a reliable VPN, like Surfshark.
- Sign up and install the VPN on your streaming device of choice.
- Connect to a US server (it’s against Hulu’s ToS to use it outside the US).
- Start Hulu.
How to fix the Hulu proxy error
If you want to stream with a VPN for privacy and not receive any Hulu proxy errors, there’s a simple fix. The guide is short and easy – but stick around to find out more about the Hulu proxy error and the awesome VPN solution to it.
- Download the Surfshark VPN app.
- Install the VPN.
- Run it and log in.
- Click the “Locations” tab.
- Find your local server in the USA.
- Click on a server to connect.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Go to Hulu.
Disclaimer: We only recommend this method if you’re facing this problem in the US. Streaming Hulu from outside of the US is against the company’s policy. Surfshark does not encourage using a VPN in any way that would potentially violate the law or terms of service of other service providers.
The Hulu proxy error should be a thing of the past! If you’re still seeing it, try connecting to another US server. But what’s the deal with Hulu hating proxies anyway?
Why does Hulu hate proxies?
Hulu, like many other streaming services, wants to protect the copyright of its content. You cannot access Hulu from Europe because of this. The proxy error indicates that Hulu thinks that you’re not in the US when you try to stream.
Let’s say you know you’re in the US and shouldn’t be getting a warning about using an anonymous proxy tool. So why do you still get the Hulu error code BYA-403-011 message? It may be one of these reasons:
- Your internet service provider gave you a shared IP that Hulu has already blocked.
- You’re using a 3rd party app to stream.
- You are actually using an anonymous proxy tool.
Unlike Netflix, Hulu does not operate internationally. It’s a fully US-based affair. Therefore, trying to watch Hulu from outside of the country is against their terms of service.
The problem is that streaming giants don’t care if you’re an American using a VPN to keep your browsing secure or to overcome internet throttling. But since you’re using a VPN, Hulu can’t tell who you are or where you’re connecting from. Thus, it’s easier for them to just block IP addresses associated with VPN or proxy services.
But how does Hulu know it? There are quite a few methods it can use – and a good VPN can overcome all of them. Read on to find out how that works.
Why is Surfshark a great Hulu VPN?
There are many reasons Surfshark VPN and Hulu make a great match. Here are but a few:
- Fast speed: Excellent connection speed is vital for our customers who want to stream, game, and share files in privacy and without restrictions. We’re tirelessly working on keeping the fastest VPN speed.
- Experience in streaming: Surfshark VPN allows private streaming with other providers like Netflix, Disney+, Crunchyroll, and more. Hulu is just one of them.
- Hundreds of servers: Our server roster is deep and always expanding. Choose a server that isn’t crowded with other users.
- Unlimited devices: A single Surfshark account is enough for you to watch Hulu on every device you have or are considering having.
- Multi-platform support: Do you want to watch Hulu on your iPhone, Windows PC, and Smart TV? No sweat – we support all those platforms and more.
- Bypasser: Want a VPN solely for Hulu? Then you can add other processes to a whitelist, and they won’t be routed via the VPN server.
These are the features of Surfshark VPN that have the most direct benefits for streaming Hulu. But the list doesn’t end there – you can find many more Surfshark VPN features.
Fix the Hulu proxy error today!
Don’t let interruptions ruin your streaming plans. With a good VPN at your fingertips, you’ll be able to avoid that annoying Hulu proxy error. Not only that, you’ll also be protected while streaming. And when it comes to reliable VPN services, Surfshark is one of the most reliable you can get. So why not get it today?
Why does Hulu think I’m using a proxy?
There are a few reasons Hulu might think you’re using a proxy:
- Your ISP uses shared IPs that Hulu has already blocked.
- You’re using a 3rd party app to stream.
- You are actually using a proxy.
How do I bypass the Hulu proxy error?
The easiest way to bypass the Hulu proxy error is to get a reliable VPN.
Is it legal to use a VPN to stream Hulu?
Yes, streaming with a VPN is legal. However, you should keep in mind that, to abide by Hulu’s terms of service, you should only stream from the US and use US servers.