Everyone deserves a break. That’s why you should be able to have some fun at school. And fun at school is different for each person — some enjoy taking a walk, while others feel the most relaxed playing online games such as Minecraft or scrolling away on social media. But what can you do when your favorite games and websites are blocked at school, university or your workplace?
If you spend your time building, mining, and exploring the world of Minecraft, it’s more than likely that you’ve come across connection issues, site accessibility issues, or couldn’t download the game entirely.
Getting Minecraft unblocked at a specific place isn’t complicated. All you need is some tricks up your sleeve. And I am more than happy to provide them to you.
The easiest way to unlock Minecraft is to use a premium virtual private network (VPN) service. Since this is a paid option, let’s try some free ones at first.
How to unblock Minecraft at school
There are a lot of ways to unblock Minecraft at school, but I have to point out that some of the methods below may not result in the complete Minecraft experience.
- Change HTTP to HTTPS. If the ISP at your school is blocking the standard HTTP version of Minecraft’s official site, try accessing it by putting an “S” at the end of “HTTP”.
- Download the game elsewhere. Your school may be only blocking the official site without any restrictions to accessing other sources. Try getting the game from other websites.
- Use Minecraft launchers. There are so-called Minecraft “clones”, for example, Skaia Launcher, which lets you play the game for free. I’m letting you know that this option exists, but be cautious if you decide to use it because it is a cracked version of the game.
Of course, this is not a full list of methods; you can hack and maneuver your way out of various restrictions, but these are the ones that should allow you to enjoy Minecraft at school relatively quickly and easily. Simply put, these methods don’t require you to be too tech-savvy.
If neither of the above options work or you simply want to get Minecraft up and running fast, just download and install a VPN.
How to use a VPN to unblock Minecraft
If you have trouble connecting to Minecraft servers or can’t even download the game, try out a VPN.
Despite sounding technical, VPN software is an extremely easy solution to most of today’s privacy-related issues. In this case, inaccessible Minecraft. See the three steps below, and you’ll quickly understand that it’s the furthest away from complicated.
Here’s what separates you and completely unblocked Minecraft:
- STEP 1: Download a VPN. Most VPNs can be installed as a browser extension, desktop, and laptop app, as well as apps on Android and iOS devices.
- STEP 2: Connect to any server. What server you choose might determine the speed of the game. In most cases, it’s better to select a nearby city or a neighboring country to ensure the smoothest experience.
- STEP 3: Simply log in to Minecraft the same way you usually would.
It couldn’t be easier — have fun playing anywhere!
Note: If you’re using a school or work computer, you will probably need admin privileges to install any program, including a VPN. You might get lucky, and it all goes smoothly, but make sure to keep this in mind.
If you’ve never heard of a VPN
What is it, and how does it improve your Minecraft experience? We’re not here to burden you with technical terms; you can find those all over the internet. To put it simply, a VPN is your online invisibility cloak: if it’s enabled, even your internet service provider doesn’t know where you are or what you’re browsing.
How does it work? VPN virtually transfers you to another location by basically tricking your internet service provider that you’re playing Minecraft anywhere but the school. No worries — it’s legal, clever, and completely safe.
In case you need more. Of course, the information above is not everything there is to know about what opportunities a VPN can open for you. Read a comprehensive yet easily readable guide Surfshark has prepared for you.
You can get Surfshark VPN and enjoy security on unlimited devices from just one account. It means that the whole family can use this VPN on their phones, tablets, and laptops at the same time, even when they’re not in the same house.
Oh, and you can also use it on your gaming console and smart TV.
They say that you have complete, unrestricted freedom to build, create, and basically do whatever you want in Minecraft. You deserve that freedom in real life, too.
Unblock Minecraft with Surfshark
Only $2.49/mo. 30-day money-back guarantee with every planBuy NOW