Unfortunately, you can’t make Facebook stop recording your history. That’s why you’ll need to delete it again after some time. So here’s a guide on how you can do it, whether you’re accessing Facebook via the browser or the app on your Android or iOS device.
How to Delete Facebook Search History on the Website
Deleting Facebook search history may not wipe it from its servers, but this action disconnects the data from you as a user. It also declutters your search menu, which is a nice bonus on top of the feeling of increased privacy. Here’s how you do it:
1. Click on the search box. A drop-down menu of recent searches will appear
2. Click “Edit” on the right. It’s on the same line as “Recent searches.”
3. You should now be in the “Search history.”
4. You now have two options
- You can delete each search entry individually by click “Edit” on the right and choosing “Delete” in the menu.
- You can choose the nuclear option by clicking “Clear searches” at the top and clicking “Clear searches” in the prompt that appears.
5. Your search history is now gone.
How to Delete Facebook Search History on Android
Want to wipe away your search history while using your Android Facebook app? Here’s how you do it:
1. Navigate to your profile and tap the “Activity log” under your profile photo.
- If you don’t see it, click the three-dot symbol on the right. “Activity log” should be on the menu that appears.
2. In the Activity Log, click “Category” and scroll down to “Search History.”
1. You now have two options:
- You can delete the entire history by clicking “Clear searches.”
- You can delete specific entries by clicking on the symbol next to the search term and choosing “Delete.”
2. Your history has been deleted.
How to Delete Facebook Search History on iOS
Are you an iOS device user who wants to get rid of that Facebook search history? Then follow these steps on the Facebook app:
1. Navigate to your profile and tap on the “Activity log” under your portrait.
- If it’s not there, open the menu under your portrait and tap the “Activity log.”
2. Tap on “Category” at the top of the screen and scroll down to “Search history” and tap on it.
1. You are now faced with two options:
- Delete the entire history by tapping on “Clear search.”
- Delete individual entries by tapping on the three-dot symbol to the right of the search term and selecting “Delete.”
2. You have deleted your Facebook search history.
Clearing your search history on Facebook is but the first step of increasing your privacy. Want to stop your ISP from recording every step you make online? Need to stop ads from following you around? How about securing your connection on public Wi-Fi? To get all this and more, you need a VPN!