What do we do?
We are the heart of Surfshark – we keep the infrastructure alive and working. Our purpose is to deliver quality services for our customers and stable platforms for our peers.
What are we about?
We like to think of our everyday work as a learning and growing experience. We are on the lookout for possibilities on how to solve issues. If there is no straight path to a solution, we use our creativity/imagination/x-men power and charm in order to reach any goal. If you want to understand how the world works – this team is for you.
Who works in our team?
Nice, wholesome, and friendly people who are able to stay calm and share their knowledge. We are able to give constructive criticism while being helpful and supportive to one another. Our team roles include systems administrators, network engineers, monitoring experts, infrastructure analysts, Cloud specialists, and security supervisors.
What tools do we use?
Our current stack is managed by Ansible and Terraform. We also use Git on a daily basis, run on Debian Linux, use Cloud virtual machines and bare-metal servers. Our eyes are Grafana, Tick stack, M3 database. We always keep in mind that our tools are just as good as the brains behind them.
If you want to:
- Be responsible for building, maintaining, and troubleshooting networks in collaboration with senior network engineers;
- Take direct actions to improve host network performance;
- Establish and maintain various network services (e.g., DNS, Freeradius, etc.);
- Perform network troubleshooting on Linux;
- Assist colleagues with any network-related problems.
And you can check off:
- Solid background working with Linux;
- Knowledge of how network technologies work (e.g, ability to configure HA using anycast);
- Hands-on experience using various tools for monitoring, such as InfluxDB, Telegraf, ElasticSearch, Nagios / Naemon, or willing to learn new ones;
- Proficiency in using Wireshark (or any other tool) to analyze protocols;
- Capability to make yourself a cup of coffee using any scripting/programming language.
Here’s the deal:
- Gross salary 2150 – 4960 EUR/month;
- Choice of the tools you need to do your best;
- Private health insurance and a physical health coach;
- Half-day off on Summer Fridays AND your birthday;
- Flexibility regarding your work setting;
- Additional vacation days depending on your tenure;
- 1 day/month dedicated for learning with all the material you need;
- Oh, and premium Surfshark accounts for you, your family and friends!