Most common VPN use cases
Unsure whether you need a VPN or not? Let’s look at some of the primary use cases for Surfshark.
- Secure your online identity. The internet is becoming more dangerous day by day, with third parties and individual hackers trying to extract user information for monetary gains. Surfshark can help you secure your data from theft, help you avoid online tracking and ads tailored to incentivize your actions!
- Safely access public networks. Coffee shops, airports and hotels sometimes provide free access to Wi-Fi for everyone’s convenience. However, most of the time, these hotspots are unsecured, and when accessed without a VPN, can lead to cases of login information and data theft or even blackmail.
- Stream geo-restricted content. Many individuals use VPNs to bypass geographical content restrictions imposed by services like Netflix, Hulu or Disney+. Whether you’re traveling or simply hungry for something different, you can access streaming content with Surfshark at incredible speeds from other regions whenever you desire!
- Bypass censorship. Some countries like China or Russia put heavy restrictions on what their citizens can access or view on the internet. The same goes for journalists, researchers and whistleblowers who seek to view and share information from its original sources. A VPN can bypass country restrictions, providing everyone access to the internet and promoting worldwide transparency.
- Block ads, trackers and malware. Most VPNs don’t block ads, but Surfshark does! With Surfshark’s CleanWeb feature, you can browse the web free from the risk of most adware and malware.
- Save money on retail prices. Websites charge everyone different fees. Plane tickets, car rental and hotel services offer tailored rates depending on your location and browsing history. Using a VPN, you can change your location and hide your personal data to save up while online shopping!
- Fast and safe torrenting. Enjoy security and privacy while torrenting without your ISP throttling your connection when downloading P2P files!
All the latest features in one VPN
With Surfshark, we aim to provide the best quality product that we possibly can, and so our already extensive list of features is continuously expanding in the process.
Recently, we have introduced WireGuard into the ranks of our VPN protocols. It is currently the most up-to-date encryption protocol in the industry that uses 4,000 lines of code compared to OpenVPN’s 100,000 lines. It is superior in terms of speed and performance due to its simplicity. It uses the industry-leading AES-256 encryption protocol to protect all Surfshark users on Windows, Android, iOS and macOS.
We have also updated Alert – the tool that warns you about any potential data leaks regarding your e-mail, credit cards, or Social Security Number. It will run your information through our extensive databases and will continue to monitor your assets as long as you leave them on your account.
Aside from that, Surfshark continues to grow and expand faster than ever! To meet our increasing demand, we are opening hundreds of new servers every week and we will continue to do so. This will also offer already existing users better connectivity and stability when using Surfshark in the long run.
Join the winning side
Get Surfshark at 83% off with 3 months FREE!Black Friday Deal